Thursday, August 26, 2010

I was a freshman too

I was a freshman too

This is a blog I wrote for my beloved friends, juniors and who ever lost their passion on their job because of unchallenging work and unbearable stress.

In another two weeks time, I am going to celebrate my first anniversary for the conversion from a student to a working adult. After that, I will able to answer one of the FAQs from patient (How long you have been in this line?) with a definite answer - one year. One year working experience is not a long period for some people especially those elderly that I have seen because they have gone through many ‘one’ year or many ‘five’ or ‘ten’ years in their life particularly in working. Although it’s a ‘little’ and short time, but for me I gain a lot during this period.

I learnt what I have never see/hear/learn when I was a student. I learnt how to convince people in accepting their problems. I learnt how to convince people to treasure the chance of regain what they have lost in the past. I learnt through my experience when I failed to help those that I thought I can bring changes to their life. Every time I failed, I force myself think to learn from my mistake and improve from that. I do the thinking because I know if I am not doing now, I will be a brainless-robotic-audiologist for the next 30 years.

This is a sharing for what I gain during this period. I am proud of myself because I still can feel the PASSION inside me. By looking on other people, my friends, my juniors, some of them are lost in the battle of irresistible stress, unchanged/unchallenging work. I don’t know if they have lost their passion. I don’t remember I had the same feelings like they are having right now. I admit I did have stress when I made some stupid mistakes. It’s kind of sad when I see a freshman who has just started his/her career shortly is making all sorts of complaint about work. I do understand a freshman is a person who always wants and needs others to trust and respect him/herself, as a professional; as an audiologist; or as a human being, at least. I do understand, because I was a freshman too. This is just a start and everything is difficult at the beginning. Everyone need time to change and improve from the experiences they gained and mistakes they made. We need to learn how to ignore people’s words regardless of how ear-piercing comments they made. If we reply with F*** YOU, isn’t that we are same kind like them? Isn’t that we are just someone who only know how to complain but never think how to improve themselves to do a better job. Please don’t let yourself turning to such a pathetic and shameful creature.

At last, my kind advice is if you have lost the passion inside you or it is too deep embedded in your heart, search it until you regain it. Don’t lost it again unless if you have a good reason to quit, but not this f***ing early stage. Please, I beg you.

No comments:

Post a Comment